How to enter the drawer

I no longer use this web site.

Please visit me at www.throughourchildrenseyes.com.au

I am now taking orders for Christmas and the book will be ready for distribution on the 6th December 2010


Through Our Children's Eyes

Margaret Jarvinen

PO Box 5398

Alexandra Hills QLD 4161

Australia

or e-mail

throughourchildrenseyes@bigpond.com

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Where to start?

Ok, so I had this great idea - now, where to next?
I spent a good month on deliberating how I should collect children's quotes.
I would love to interview all the children myself and ask them questions. But, one problem - where am I going to have access to soooooo many children.

I can't go door knocking or ask people in the street - 'can I speak with your children?' Mind you I did consider it.

I decided to hold a competition (a draw really, I don't believe in competitions for kids - how can you judge a child's response on how they perceive their parents?)
So, I have done up a flyer, wrote up my questions and thought I would hand it out to all and sundry!

I have also, approached local businesses for donations (gift vouchers etc) to assist with accumulating prizes for the draw. Some have been very generous and I will provide a list soon. I am still seeking donations. I am hoping to get 25% of the total prizes donated. I will fund the rest.

I have also, asked the Courier Mail (QLD newspaper) for help - still waiting to hear back from them. I am guessing I won't. So, tomorrow I will try the local rag instead.

I have asked a few of my Son's friends the questions and their answers have been absolutely beautiful - I will post some responses soon.
It was alot of fun being with them while they think about their answers - I enjoyed the process so much!

Ok, so tomorrow I will contact the local paper and fingers crossed I get some serious exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment