How to enter the drawer

I no longer use this web site.

Please visit me at www.throughourchildrenseyes.com.au

I am now taking orders for Christmas and the book will be ready for distribution on the 6th December 2010


Through Our Children's Eyes

Margaret Jarvinen

PO Box 5398

Alexandra Hills QLD 4161

Australia

or e-mail

throughourchildrenseyes@bigpond.com

Thursday, August 12, 2010

How the idea of creating this book arose

The idea of this book started one morning when my children were momentarily content and I was able to connect to spirit and spend some time day dreaming.
I was thinking about how beneficial it would be to me if I could discover what was important to my children. For example, what they enjoy doing with me, their father and as a family.
As a mother I have at times become a victim of daily routines, keeping the house in order and duties that I feel can be full of responsibility. At times this perception has prevented me from living in the moment with my children and coming from a space of pure joy and ‘through the eyes of children’. I thought if I could read other children’s perspective on what is important to them I would be better able to implement the behaviour of living in the moment in my daily life and therefore with my children.
I had been listening to a presentation by Mary Morrissey and she mentioned that her hope for humanity was when children from future generations come home from school and say “Oh, mum guess what we learned today? That people use to kill each other – how could they do that?”
Isn’t that a beautiful thought?
I believe that if I can demonstrate to my children by living in the moment and providing experiences that they believe are important to them they will become more joyous, trusting and balanced. I believe this is my role as a mother.
Of cause there are times as parents that we must get on with daily duties and this is part of life. I just like to check in with myself occasionally and strive for more balance.
With this new thought I went in search of such a book. Surely someone has already done this. Apparently for what I could find this has not been done. There were many books on how parents perceive their children, quotes on the funny things children say and perceptions of children on many worldly matters.
I could not find quotes on thoughts of how children perceive their parents and what is important to them.
After discussing this with a friend and with her encouragement I decided to create the book.
I wanted to share with you how this all began. I believe this is an example of when we take the opportunity to listen to the quiet voice inside ourselves we receive inspiration and ideas that possibly can benefit and bring joy to many people.
To find out more about Mary Morrissey go to www.MaryMorrissey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment